In its current form, Gleebeam is a web app that works in all major web browsers like Chrome, Safari or Firefox. For easy connection, you can use the Connect TV feature available under the user drop-down menu in your account.
To connect a TV you’ll need to have a web browser running on it. You have three main options to make this happen:
- Having the TV connected to a computer running a web browser
- Streaming the screen from a computer to a TV
- Using a web browser internally on a smart TV
Let’s go over each of these briefly.
1. Having the TV connected to a computer running a web browser
This means you’ll have a computer connected to the TV typically via HDMI. The computer could be:
- Any laptop you want to repurpose for your TV dashboard
- Any popular mini-computer like the Intel NUC (running Windows) or Apple’s Mac mini
- Any Chrome OS devices like the Chromebox or Chromebit
Setting Gleebeam up on these is just like opening it on a web browser on your personal computer.
2. Streaming the screen from a computer to a TV
Using certain devices you can also stream a window on your computer to the TV. This works if:
- You have an Apple TV connected to the TV screen. You can use AirPlay to stream the contents of your screen to the TV.
- You have a device like the Chromecast connected to the TV. You can then cast your Google Chrome tabs to the TV.
Setting up Gleebeam like this means you have to open it using a web browser on a computer and then stream the web browser’s window to the TV screen.
3. Using a web browser internally on a smart TV
Smart TVs typically come with web browsers installed on them and some even allow installing other third-party web browsers. In this type of set-up, you don’t need any external device to run Gleebeam on the TV. Just open Gleebeam in the browser, log-in and you should be immediately taken to the Gleebeam Dashboard.
💡Please note that if you’re using a web browser that comes installed on your TV, it might not support all browser features necessary to run Gleebeam properly. We’d like to know if you’re experiencing any issues like this so, if you are, please write to us at [email protected].